Breakfast at the hotel.
- Depart the hotel
- Tour the Israel Museum, where the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls are housed in the Shrine of the Book exhibit
- Lunch at the Israel Museum on own
- Meet with an archaeologist to learn about secrets that have been hidden from the human eye for 2,000 years. Learn about his role in uncovering priceless relics from Temple Mount. We’ll roll up our sleeves and sift, helping to hopefully uncover more finds that could be part of the story of the redemption of Jerusalem!
- Visit to the Biblical City of David, the very roots of Jerusalem and the “original Jerusalem” of the Biblical kings and prophets, where archeology confirms the Bible: discover one of the most fascinating archaeological sites in the world. Walk through Hezekiah’s underground water tunnel, built to protect Jerusalem’s water supply from invading armies.
- Depart the hotel
- “And the glory of the Lord went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city” (Ezekiel 11:23).
Drive to the tip of the Mount of Olives, known as the site from where Jesus ascended to heaven after his resurrection. Panoramic view of the Old City of Jerusalem from Mount of Olives and descend the “Palm Sunday Road” to the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed on the night of his betrayal
- Visit the scenes of Jesus’ prayer to His Father in the Garden of Gethsemane
- Visit the Davidson Center with excavations of the Herodian Temple, as it stood prior to its destruction by Roman troops in the year 70 CE. Step back 2000 years to the days of the Second Temple during a guided tour of the Davidson Southern Temple Mount Archeological Park.
- Lunch in the Old city on own
- See how Jerusalem’s elite lived 2000 years ago at the Herodian Mansions.
- Two thousand years ago thousands of pilgrims from across the globe would have made their way to the Holy Temple that was the center of the Jewish world until the Romans destroyed it. Today, in the absence of the Temple, the Temple Institute offers a window in the Holy Temple and its rituals.
- Visit the Garden Tomb. This ancient cemetery is a moving site in which to recall the crucifixion and burial of Jesus. Spend time in these peaceful garden surroundings in prayer, song, fellowship, communion and worship led by a local worship leader.
Overnight: Jerusalem area